Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Show 38: At the movies

It's "Soundtrack Week" on LuxuriaMusic.com... and that means it's also Soundtrack Week here in the Mauna Loa Lounge, which is okay with me, since I really appreciate a good film score.

The reasoning behind Soundtrack Week is, of course, that it leads up to the 79th annual Academy Awards taking place on Sunday, February 25th.

So much to choose from... so many different styles and eras. I broke the set up into three sections...

* * *

The first 3 songs are groovy group from swinging 60s spy and crime flicks...


Song 1 : : Oriental Twist
Artist : : Gert Wilden & Orchestra
Album : : I Told You Not To Cry
From The Face of Fu Manchu



Song 2 : : Main Theme (Blow Up)
Artist : : Herbie Hancock
Album : : Cannes Film Festival 50th Anniversary Album
From Blow Up



Song 3 : : Theme from Thunderball
Artist : : The Sleepwalk Guitars of Dan and Dale
Album : : Thunderball and the original Dan & Dale Themes
From Thunderball

* * *

The Academy has finally woken up and decided to award an Oscar to Ennio Morricone. I'm afraid they're going to somehow screw up the tribute they've put together (in fact, I heard that Celine Dion will be appearing to sing a song for the maestro). The next 3 songs are my mini-tribute to Morricone. Stuff I'm quite sure they won't play during the Oscar ceremony.


Song 4 : : Un esercito di cinque uomini
Artist : : Ennio Morricone
Album : : I Western/The Italian Western
From Un Esercito di cinque uomini



Song 5 : : Fruscio Di Foglie Verdi
Artist : : Trio Junior
Album : : Canto Morricone Vol.1 The 60s
From Teorema



Song 6 : : Ninna Nanna Per Adulti
Artist : : Ennio Morricone
Album : : Molto Mondo Morricone
From Vergogna Schifosi

* * *

Had to get something for the tiki bar in the set... I played the love theme last week, now here's the main theme.


Song 7 : : Main Theme from Mutiny On The Bounty
Artist : : Catamaran Serenaders
Album : : Tempos of Tahiti
From Mutiny on the Bounty

No comments: